There are many people who’ve heard of a Reedy-Race style event, but they are not certain on exactly how it works. Until this morning, I was not too sure either. Hopefully the following bullet points will help…
- The Invitational (Reedy Race) and Open Classes are treated as two separate meetings.
- Each Invitational race is a race for position and is not against the clock like we are used to. There is no qualifying races.
- The aim of the game is to score as highly as possible in every race from each class with your best 4 scores from 5 in each class to count.
- Every Invitational race is a grid start the same as normal finals. A driver’s start position is randomly selected by the software.
- The races participants are randomly selected by the software, so the entrants to each race are never the same.
- The overall winner is deemed to be the highest average scorer from both 2wd and 4wd. i.e. a second place in both 2wd & 4wd would beet a first in 2wd and a fourth in 4wd.