The BRCA National circus travels to the very south west of England for this weekend’s second round of the 2023 series at Mendip Raceway. The venue which is well known for its onroad meetings is located close to the tourist town of Weston-Super-Mare.
Mendip RC Raceway was first opened for on road radio controlled car racing in 1977, by the Rallycross legend John Button. Since then it has been the home of onroad racing in the South West, hosting both national and international competitions and to this day still aims to be one of the finest RC car racing facilities in the UK. With the addition of the 1/10th electric off road track in 2012, it now caters for racers
across the RC spectrum.
The last time a major 1/10th Offroad event visited Mendip was for the Schumacher OOM series in July 2021. Ben Jemison (2wd) and Ben Smith (4wd) were the drivers to beat that weekend, so it will be interesting to see how they – if in attendance – do this time.
2023 1/10th Offroad Nationals Round 2
Mendip Raceway [UK] – 20-21 APRIL 2023
Recap of Round 1….
Neil Cragg and Tommy Hall were the men to beat in 2wd & 4wd respectively at round 1 of the series from Robin Hood Raceway. The Associated drivers fought hard for their wins and will go to round 2 with little experience of the Mendip track
What to expect from this weekend…
- First and foremost – close, high pace racing across the field – as usual
- A few quick locals higher up the ranking than normal
- Sunshine, then cloud, then sunshine, then maybe rain, then sunshine again
- Live results as the racing is happening
- Big names being challenged by the new guard coming through
- The best commentary, comment and opinion we can offer from Mark Musgrove, William White and guests.
- New higher quality video is being rolled out this weekend, we are hoping for an improvement. With thanks to our sponsors – Schumacher, Rudebits, Modeltune, RC Octane, & FF Racing.
Racing kicks off on Saturday morning first thing with 2wd and continues through with the 4wd finals on Sunday evening. Best of luck to all competing. If you visit the track, please come and say hello and most of all please remember to like and subscribe to the Youtube videos if you like them.